Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Journal 33333333333333333333333333333


Ed Boone killed Wellington! This came as such a shock to me. Following this major instalment Christopher runs away to his mother’s house as he does not feel safe living with someone who has been telling him lies for his whole life.  One his journey to his mother’s house Chris has to overcome many of his fears. First he needs to walk alone to the train station where he encounters many people, which he is scared of. Christopher comforts himself by carrying a Swiss army knife around in his pocket. I wondered at this point if he would stab someone if he felt threatened, however he didn’t.

When he arrives at his mother’s house Mr. Shears makes it immediately clear that he does not want Christopher there which is proved by several comments he makes. After a brawl between Mr. Shears and Ed I came to two conclusions…. 1. Christopher does not have any emotions and 2. This book is depressing. Even though he can hear his parents fighting down stairs he does not show any emotions. Even after he almost gets killed by a train in chapter 127 he still does not show any emotion.

 

I can’t decide if I like this part or not.  While it has many exciting parts I don’t like the overall mood, it’s kind of dark as well as confusing since so many things happen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment