Thursday, 13 December 2012

journal 4


Let me start off this post by saying the ending of this book was terrible! It ended so abruptly, I was so surprised when I found out it was the end because I had so many unsolved questions! It reminded me of mocking jay by Suzanne Collins. In both books the authors kind of solve the problem and then the book ends and with an unclear conclusion and I feel like the characters story were kind of dropped if that makes sense.  The ending of the book was also predictable. Christopher and his mother travel back to Swindon and Christopher preforms his A- level maths and, surprise, he passes them even though he is physically and mentally exhausted.  His Father tries to gain Christopher’s trust again by buying him a puppy which I thought was a cute twist to the story. And Christopher finishes his book by telling us what his plans for the future are (completing his A- level physics, getting a first class honour degree and becoming a scientist)

 Now that everything is said and done I have to say that I did not enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. I would not recommend this book to someone who is looking for a happy story because it isn’t. In fact it was kind of depressing.

 Question à Did anyone else notice how many sentences started with and?

Look at the last two pages. 13 sentences started with and.

I thought it was interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, like I stated in my own entry. Worst ending in a book, ever. The dog was the only *slightly* unexpected thing, but it hardly adds anything to the story. The quality of the book went up and down but dropped to zero at the end.
    As far as the 'and''s go, that's probably Christopher's personality shining through if I had to guess.

    ReplyDelete